System 17-X Ultimate Damp Proofing Barrier
Unlike asphalt base products which coat the surface of the foundation, the special formulation of System 17-X penetrates the surface, forming a mechanical bond stronger than the concrete itself. Tests conducted in accordance with ASTM D 4541-93 show the bond strength of System 17-X is so great, the concrete surface failed before the System 17-X pulled off. The smaller sample showed no peeling, blistering or bubbles even after being boiled in water per ASTM 579-81.
Exterior Damp Proofing
System 17-X is engineered from recycled plastic resin, developed as a replacement to the classic asphalt coatings and poly firm currently used in construction projects. This new, high quality damp proofing mechanism forms an epoxy-like seal which bonds directly to poured concrete or masonry. System 17-X can be applied with roller, sprayer, or brush, and our suggested two-pass system ensures proper coverage and thickness of the durable, moisture impervious membrane.
Interior Vapor Barrier
System 17-X, with its thin film properties, dry-to-the-touch feel and low perm rating is perfect for use as an interior vapor barrier. Much easier to use than poly film, to meet current building codes or when exterior insulation is used.
System 17-X’s seal footings contain plastic resins which reduce moisture transmission in walls and prevent capillary action. System 17-X promises a smooth, dry finish that won’t affect chalk lines.
VOC Compliant Precaution: Use in well ventilated area, protective eye wear, clothing and a 3M organic cartridge respirator or equal should be used. System 17-X may be brushed, rolled or sprayed.
* Recycled content will vary with availability in the market place.
** To be effective a capillary break must be used above the drain line or water table level.
- Color: Masonry Grey (gloss)
- Coverage: 50 sq. feet per gallon
- Formulation: Recycled Plastic resin – aromatic emulsion
- Application methods: Spray, brush or roll
- Environmentally friendly, once cured it will not leach into soil
- Includes U.V. inhibitors to protect it from deteriorating in the sunlight
- Made with plastic resin and no emulsifiers to prevent it being affected by soil bacteria
- Will not crack with age or dry out like asphalt
- Utilizes advanced damp proofing technologies developed by plastic and paint specialists
- Custom colors available. (250 gallon minimum)
System 17-PMA Waterproofing
System 17 PMA is a cost effective, water-based, polymer-modified asphalt waterproofing material with excellent elastomeric properties. It is engineered to meet or exceed the performance properties of the best polymer modified asphalt coatings.
System 17 PMA is designed and recommended for use below grade on exterior foundation walls. This coating was developed for spray application. It provides a tough, durable finish, which can bridge shrinkage cracks. System 17 PMA maintains its outstanding properties when exposed to chemicals commonly found in soils.