SAFETY BEYOND COMPARE.
Get a level of protection beyond anything you’ve worked with before, all while saving money with the leading intumescent thermal barrier paint products supplied by IDI Distributors. DC315 and DC360 are the most cost-effective intumescent coating solutions available today with industry-leading spread rates. No other intumescent coatings come close to meeting IFTI’s performance, testing, code compliance and most importantly – life safety!
INTERNATIONAL FIREPROOF TECHNOLOGY DC315: THE PROOF IS IN THE TESTING
DC315 intumescent coating is an NFPA 286 tested coating designed to meet IBC/IRC Code requirements as an Interior Finish and Alternative Thermal or Ignition Barrier System over Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF). The International Building Code (IBC) mandates SPF is separated from the interior of the building by a 15-minute thermal barrier. When installed in unoccupied attic spaces, the 15-minute barrier may be omitted and an ignition barrier applied instead. DC315 thermal barrier paint is the one product you need to meet all the fire protection requirements of spray foam jobs with the simple step of applying required thickness to meet code requirements for your end-use application.
IFTI testing is supported by ICC-ESR 3702 evaluation report, documenting the code-compliant assemblies that DC315 has been tested to. View the Full DC315 Evaluation Report for more information on code compliance and preview a few of the important DC315 certifications here:
- DC315 intumescent coating is an AC456/AC377 compliant product that has passed certified testing to NFPA 286 — the most stringent fire test for alternative thermal barriers
- DC315 has been tested in accordance with AC377 appendix X as an Ignition Barrier.
- DC315 has passed over 200 code-compliant fire tests worldwide over every major manufacturer’s SPF systems.
- DC315 NFPA 286 testing complies with:
- 2012 IBC Section 803.1.2 and Section 2603.10
- 2015/2018 IBC Section 803.2.1 and IBC Section 2603.9 under “Special Approvals for Thermal Barriers over Foam Plastics”
- DC315 also meets the requirement as an Ignition Barrier per AC 377, Appendix X at an incredible spread rate of 400 sq. ft. per gallon.
- DC315 is QAI marked and certified via 3rd party inspection for quality assurance and consistency and meets all the requirements of AC377 & AC456.
DC360 FIRE PROTECTION FOR Combustible Construction materials such as WOOD, GYPSUM, AND OSB
DC360 intumescent coating is a water-based intumescent coating used to increase fire resistance ratings and reduce the flammability and smoke development of common construction materials such as OSB/Plywood, gypsum and lumber. With DC360, you can reduce the spread of smoke and flames and minimize the threat of fire damage while providing long-term fire protection. Add to the structure of your project and discover the best coverage rates in the industry with DC360 intumescent coating.
- DC 360 applied at 6 Mils WFT (267 sq. ft. per gallon) as a Class A interior finish. These are the best coverage rates in the industry.
- DC360 applied in a single coat at 14 mils WFT (115 sq. ft. per gallon) provides the equivalent to fire-retardant-treated lumber required for your application and meets ASTM E84 30 Minute extended testing.
- DC360 provides up to 1 hour of fire resistance when tested in accordance with ASTM E119.
Visit our firestop products page for more premium thermal barrier products and get ultimate protection from fire damage.