DISCOVER MINERAL WOOL INSULATION WITH HELP FROM THE EXPERTS AT IDI
Mineral wool is one of the fastest-growing products in the world of insulation. Mineral wool’s tremendous fire resistance, acoustical properties, recycled content, dimensional stability, and many other properties make it a favorite of architects and building owners.
Mineral wool has been in use for many years and is made by melting slag and/or volcanic rock and spinning it into fibrous insulation. The resulting product is then turned into batts or high-density boards. Like many products, recent advancements in technology make today’s mineral wool easier to install and much easier to handle.
WHY INSTALL MINERAL WOOL INSULATION
From firestopping to sound projects or continuous insulation, mineral wool dominates much of commercial construction. It is water repellent, vapor permeable, burn-proof, and thermal resistant. As continuous insulation, mineral wool allows buildings to dry out, makes them quieter, and contains or prevents fire from moving through areas where it’s installed. When you add in its insulative properties, it really is one of the most versatile products used in commercial construction.
IDI’s USER-FRIENDLY MINERAL WOOL INSULATION PRODUCTS
IDI only distributes mineral wool insulation products that are easy to install and work with. Check out our industry-leading products.
MINERAL WOOL BATTS
- Denser than traditional batts & easy to install
- Moisture resistant, non-corrosive and mold resistant
MINERAL WOOL HIGH DENSITY BOARD
- Reduces thermal bridging
- Easily installs over weather-resistive barrier
- Great option for open rainscreen applications
- Vapor permeable: allows the wall assembly to dry to the outside
- Various densities for installation behind light to heavy-weight claddings.
- Critical for perimeter fire containment
- Fire–resistant to temperatures above 2,000°F
- Listed in many UL 1, 2, & 3-hour contaminant assemblies
- Available in various densities
MINERAL WOOL TRAINING WITH IDI EXPERTS
IDI is partnered with both of the top mineral wool manufacturers. Together, we are committed to making sure you have the best architectural, codes, bidding and installation support. From fasteners and attachment systems to wall details and product certifications, our goal is to help you be an expert.